If you own a business or want to further your career in Business, networking is critical, essential and required. Too many people attend networking events meeting people with the standard opening line:
“So what do you do?”
These people attain a ton of cards with no real connection or insight into the person they met.
Want to be more effective at networking? Want real connections? Here is one strategy that may help you.
- Plan for your Networking by creating three to five sentences that:
- Summarizing your target Market in one sentence.
- Identify & Summarize the three biggest, most critical business problems that your target market faces.
- List how you solve these problems & present clients with unique solutions.
- Include the most dramatic results (WOW factor) you or your clients have achieved.
- List the results & deepest benefits your clients receive
When you have the above defined and memorized, it is time to learn how to ask smart questions to those you meet.
- Tell me about your business
- What do you like about it?
- What is your dream / vision for your Business?
- What are some of the biggest changes you have seen in your industry?
- What are the coming trends in your industry?
- How do you grow / market your business?
- How would someone today describe your business?
- If I knew a potential prospect for you, how would I know they are a good fit?
- What can I do to help you grow your business?
Imagine how you would differentiate yourself at events if you were asking powerful, thought provoking questions such as these?
Imagine what you would learn about potential business issues your product or service addresses?
Imagine what the person you met will think when (s)he hears how you made them think?
Attend the events and try this out. You will get positive, strong, profitable results.