According to Napoleon Hill, an American author in New Thought movement was one of the earliest producers of the modern Genre of Personal Success Literature. Hill’s works examined the power of Personal beliefs and the role they played in Personal Success, “The best laid plans are inert and useless without sufficient power to translate them into action.”
This “power” can be obtained through the “Master Mind.”
What is Master Mind?
“Master Mind is the coordination of knowledge and effort in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people for the attainment of a definite purpose.”
What is our purpose?
- Deep relationship building during the meetings
- Deeper understanding of the members business
- Deeper education on Business issues that we all face
- A mastermind type group where we all share best practices, ideas, strategies, etc. that could help others.
You see Master Mind groups have two characteristics.
- Grow your Business
- Increase your skills
- Basically “Two batteries linked together provide more than two batteries of power.” The collectiveness feeds off each other to create cooperation (sum of parts are greater than the whole)
There are three sources of knowledge to us:
- Experimentation and personal experience
- Through trial and error in all aspects of life as well as in science, man accumulates, classifies, and organizes knowledge. Knowledge, you have garnered in this way through your personal experience is stored in your sub-coconscious or conscious mind.
- Group Experience
- The accumulate experience of humankind has been classified and organized is available to everyone, be it through books, audio programs, videos, or the Internet. This knowledge is the primary focus of the curricula of our Schools and Universities.
- Infinite Intelligence
- In Napoleon Hill’s book: “Think and Grow Rich” he asserts: “no individual may have great power without availing himself of the “Master Mind.”
Does this work?
Consider the case of Andrew Carnegie, whose Master Mind group consisted of his staff of fifty people. Carnegie became one of the wealthiest and most powerful man in the world in the late 19th century and attributed his enormous success to this “Master Mind” group.
How does it work?
There is no Right or Wrong way.
- Decide on a purpose (See the draft of ours)
- Decide on the make-up of the group: Size, Skills, Background, Experience, Etc.
- Determine how often to meet
- The Group should share basic core tenants / values of the group (see Purpose)
- Members should always have Positive Mental Attitude. Live above the line
- Member should not be:
- N othing
- I side of us
- C ares
- E nough Not to be honest (no people pleasers – Empathetic, Encouraging and Honest)
- Members need to make time / commit to the group
- Their input, knowledge, experience is invaluable
- Members should contribute (give as well as Receive)
So basic rules of the meeting are:
- Maintain a Positive Mental Attitude
- Share ideas, opinions openly and be Honest
- Ask a lot of questions and encourage discovery
- Everyone is given a chance to speak as each of us has valuable important ideas, experiences, etc. to share
If you are interested in forming one or joining one contact Focal Point Business Coaching of Pennsylvania – Mark R. Steinke 1.610.768.7774 or [email protected]